Thursday, September 22, 2011

Ideas for Body Augmentation


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1QyddJgR80&feature=player_embedded


I've started sketching ideas for the project on body augmentation. I am trying to use something like solar energy to make the augmentation more contemporary and realistic. I've decided to employ the idea of epidermal layer of the skin to embed thin panels in an attempt to create lasting battery life with objects such as phones and MP3 players. Along with this idea, you could use things such as rechargable batteries and



http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/science-scope/electronic-skin-made-out-of-stretchable-solar-cells/6940

There has been research into stretchable solar skins, which primarily will be used to add functionality to robots in the future.

Another idea that I have is to use hair like receptors to give more information to the human body. Maybe working off of what we have now, like touch sensors and pressure sensors. To keep with the theme I have, I want to create something that is more viable and subtle. The augmentation must have a changed effect on the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment